Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tea Commercial & Book

First, this was just too cute not to share:



Second, Project Gutenberg has a book on tea that you might find worthwhile. It gives some background on the Asian (or at least Japanese) tea culture. It's not a long book, but it is an interesting read, and you can't beat free!

The Book of Tea, by Okakura Kakuzo (or Kakuzo Okakura, depending on where you look)

Available as:

Plain text

PDF (at AOL)
(Requires a PDF reader. If you don't have one, try Foxit Reader. I find it much better than Adobe's.)

HTML (at Kells Craft)

5 comments:

Mary R said...

That's an adorable commercial, and a YouTube favorite among my family. We've all seen it dozens of times, but never fail to crack up when the wee baby caterpillar gets thwacked by his papa-san.

Hope you don't mind, but I've got a couple important spelling corrections for you. It's "Project Gutenberg," and The Book of Tea was written by "Okakura Kakuzo." Nothing too major, but very very helpful when you're trying to search.

Love the blog!

Adrian Baxter said...

Thanks! Corrections are ALWAYS welcome here!

I copied and pasted the book name & author, but I should have caught that.

I know what you mean about the commercial, it never fails to crack me up as well. I just wish we had such creative commercials.

CamiKaos said...

Hey there ABx, thought I would drop by and say hi.

Love that video.

Good to see you in the blog world.

Hobbes said...

A classic indeed - definitely worth picking up in paper format, too, given that they're usually only $5 or so.


Toodlepip,

Hobbes

Tea Drinker said...

Looks like the video is no longer there.